Monday, October 01, 2007

The time has come to put my hands up and make every tick counted. After careful analysis of what's available on the web, I seem quite confident about my the candidature that I can build for an MBA.

Right now the things I should focus on as I plunge ahead into the future are

On the resume boosting front---

A. Strong extra-curriculars
1. Building a strong foundation at toastmasters by contributing immensely to it as a member, officebearer within and outside the clubs as well through educative sessions and the like.
This is one such big opportunity that I can focus highly on and make counted in a big big way.
Target President / VP - Ed by the next time.
2. Technical blog, articles and discussion forums ---> Microsoft MVP

Strong community service
1. Do something innovative to carry on the good work at sneham and contribute to the happenings at sneham, and involve in its activities much more and make it a successful happening.
Telling myself - Remember, the success of me is largely dependent of how successfully I contribute to the proceedings of Sneham.
2. Teaching the underprivileged and the needy.

Quality Work-experience
1. As a Team-lead, should carve a niche by doing something really solid.
( still to be thought-of even more clearly though) ( KM-Prime / Prima award / Best - project award )
2. Things I can boast of and almost done in this section are
a. Most Vaulable player award
b. Power programmer award
c. Best trainee award with 5.0 CGPA.
d. Most Spirited team award
e. Highest KCU award ( if things turn out as expected )

Hobbies.
1. Reading books
2. Yoga and skating.


On building a strong case and further adding innovative ways in refining and executing resume builiding aspects

1. Should re-search all possible sources on
a. Why MBA ? Why now ? and why X b-school
b. Contributions to the B-school.
b. All other possible MBA related questions related to leadership, failures, accomplishments and team-work.
( taken a right step in this direction by ordering for the book in Amazon, need to do a lot of brainstorming in this regard to arrive at a perfect path and picture )

A solid GMAT and TOEFL.
If I get these aspects right as planned, there is no reason why I can't make it to one among the holy trinity.

This broadly covers in an exhaustive way what I was deliberating from a very long time to give a proper shape to my plan for hitting the MBA. I am really happy that I could finally give a very decent shape to that now. :)

Believe me, finally I have something to cheer about and I only hope this blog will turn things all for the better for me unlike the insipid life that it has been so far.

No comments: